The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms - N.K. Jemisin First in The Inheritance Trilogy, The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms is based on an ancient war between three gods. One of the gods has killed another and enslaved the remaining god by binding him and his three godling children to human form and has given control of these hobbled gods to the Arameri, the ruling family of the The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms. Thousands of years pass while these gods have been trapped and under the control of the Arameri. Another succession in the Arameri is about to take place and a family outcast, Yeine, has been called to Sky, the family home, to be recognized as a potential heir. All sorts of political intrigue should follow this event. However, the story takes a turn and the focus changes to the plight of the enslaved gods and their efforts to free themselves. As it turns out, Yeine isn't just a barbarian warrior from the north. She is actually the key to freeing the gods.

This was a very interesting world. I did find myself getting bogged down about half-way through but the last quarter really picked up and the ending was pretty good. I am sort of scratching my head about what happened and am curious to see what will happen next. So, yes, I will be reading the next book! I'm kind of a sucker for a series...