The Case of the Missing Marquess - Nancy Springer Enola Holmes, the much younger sister of the famous detective Sherlock Holmes, is desperate to find her mother, who disppeared on her fouteenth birthday without a fare-thee-well. Enola summons her older brothers, Mycroft and Sherlock, from their comfortable lives in London to help her find their mother. Having not seen Enola since the death of their father ten year ago, they are shocked to see that she has been left to her own devises with no formal education and none of the skills that a female of her social standing will require to get a husband. They immediately make plans to send her for boarding school, a plan Enola wants no part of, and soon she is off on her own, determined to discover what happened to her Mum.

I enjoyed this, the first in a series. I was reminded of the heroine in the Molly Murphy series by Rhys Bowen. Plucky, intelligent, and much underestimated by then men in their lives, Enola and Molly are both characters that I liked reading about. While this is a young adult series, I did find the writing well done and the story line engaging. I'll be reading the next in the series.